Bicycles For Humanity

Welcome! Take a look at here at Bicycles for Humanity's Victoria Chapter to see what else is going on!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

GAMOH!




I really believe a longtail bike needs a front rack. Yuba makes a nice one- I wasn't sure about the principle of cantilevering off of the frame. Puts a lot of moment on the steerer tube. The idea of transferring the load down to the front axle appealed to me more.


Anyway- not a lot of racks that I could look at before ordering- I liked the look of the CETMA, but being in Canada there isn't a dealer close.

The LBS had a Gamoh. I liked it. I installed one on the Mundo and replaced the wooden slats with aluminum checkplate so as to match the rear deck and footboards.

I am surprised how it makes the steering feel heavy- but I guess on gets used to it. I had over 6 kilos on the front yesterday- no problems.



No comments:

Post a Comment