Bicycles For Humanity

Welcome! Take a look at here at Bicycles for Humanity's Victoria Chapter to see what else is going on!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

113 kilos of cargo in the summer heat.

Summer is here, the clear blue skies that high pressure systems bring to the west coast. Some would call it a boring sky, not a cloud to be seen for days on end......

Gave me a chance to haul some freight on the Mundo and get out with the kids in the chariot.

Zipped over to the feed distributor yesterday- made it home with 5 sacks of chicken feed and a bag of dog food. 113 kilos (250 pounds) of freight on the wideloaders and rear deck. No problem. I read some posts where people pooo-poohed the Mundo hauling 330 pounds at the San Francisco food bank race- they said it couldn't be done without all of Ben's "handlers". Well, I am here to tell you that if I had a front rack I could have easily taken another 80 pounds on the front. I rode home solo with the 250 without a blink. Of course terrain would be a factor!
On the other front, getting tired of the Chariot, don't like dragging the kids behind. Working on a home-made bakfiets in the shop. Next post, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment