Bicycles For Humanity

Welcome! Take a look at here at Bicycles for Humanity's Victoria Chapter to see what else is going on!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Civia Loring


Had to do a quick trip to the hardware store this morning. For some weird reason I didn't feel like hopping on the Mundo to pickup a small little bit that would fit in your pocket. The Ute had the bike trailer attached so for a change of pace I hopped on my wife's bike. What a sweet ride. The Sram I-Motion 9 has a very wide range of gears and shifts well- some may say a bit clunky- but it never misses a beat. I did notice that the gears are opposite on the twist grip to the external gears on the Mundo. That is if you twist the grip as if you were accelerating a motor bike you end up in a higher gear-whereas on the Mundo you head for a lower gear.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the same thing on my Nexus gripshift. It was quite confusing, but not as much as the switched brakes which I had originally on the Mundo (left hand-front brake). Thats a really nice looking bike, looks like the one which was just featured on the LGRAB blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen the LGRAB blog. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete